Reviewing Goals from Last Year
The year is finally over. Actually, it sort of snuck up on me. I must be getting really old or something to let that happen.
At the beginning of the year, I posted my goals for 2011. How did I do? Not too well. I batted .500, so feel free to boo me.
- Hurry up and finish CCNA Voice : I finished that on 7 February. Was it worth it? Not really. I haven’t used the knowledge, and voice isn’t my thing. I got it to spice up the resume, but it didn’t really come into play at all. Oh, well. It’ll expire in about 2 years.
- Pass CCIE R&S written exam : I got this one finally. I flunked out at Cisco Live this year, but I redeemed myself on 23 August with a online pokie games pass. Jody still owes me a drink since I hold the record for lowest passing score.
- Select a CCIE training vendor : Yeah…I never got to that one. When I finally got through the written, my job had completely drained my motivation. I fixed that problem by getting a new job, but that didn’t help free up any time to figure out which vendor I wanted to use. #fail
- Schedule CCIE R&S lab : That obviously didn’t work out, either, since it’s dependent on selecting a training vendor. #fail
What does this hold for this year? Getting some training and scheduling an exam is obviously priority. Since my new job is going all Juniper, going through those certifications would be next. Another super-busy year, I’m sure.
Good luck to everyone in 2012.
Latest posts by jac (see all)
- Netbox Upgrade Play-by-play - April 25, 2023
- Sending Slack Messages with Python - March 15, 2023
- Using Python Logging to Figure Out What You Did Wrong - February 26, 2023
No worries man. Look at it this way, you have a sweet new job, working with Juniper and you are a CCIE candidate!
Great work on the goals. 50% is really good. I wasn’t really happy with my IT goals but I sure accomplished a lot of personal goals. Here’s to making 2012 an even better year!