The Start of Another Year
How did 2010 turn out? Not as well as I would have liked.
I blasted through the first of half working on my CCNP, but I slowed way down since I didn’t have a deadline to meet. I studied up for my ham radio technician license, but that fell through when I couldn’t find a volunteer to proctor the exam. After I gave up on that, I started on my CCNA Voice so I could talk semi-intelligently about VoIP. Of course, that hit a huge roadblock when I couldn’t find a testing center open (they’re all at schools which are closed for the holidays and for student testing at the end of the semester). Now we’re at the start of another year, and I met very few of my goals for 2010.
I hate it when I let things get out of control like that and I’m not going to let that happen this year. To help me stay on track, I’m actually going to publish my certification goals for the year. Since they’re all public, people can mock me when I don’t hit my own mark.
Very simple, really. Finish up what I started and move heavily into the CCIE R&S studies.
- Finish my CCNA Voice
- Pass my CCIE R&S written exam
- Decide on a training provider for the lab
- Schedule the lab
- Optionally, take the lab
I hope that 2010 was a good one for you. I wish you all the best in 2011. Here’s to making it the best yet!
Some stats for the site in 2010:
- New Visitors: 34,396
- Top Visiting Countries (besides the US): UK, Australia, Canada, India, Germany
- Most Popular Visitor OSes (besides Windows): Mac 10.6, Linux 2.6.32
- Top Article by Landings: ASA 8.3.1 – Smart Tunnel and NAT Changes
- Top Page by Landings: Reasons I Hate Comcast (retired)
- Most Referrals: packetlife.net
- Most Popular Search Term That Lead People Here: “rspan” <- Really? That’s odd.
- Netbox Upgrade Play-by-play - April 25, 2023
- Sending Slack Messages with Python - March 15, 2023
- Using Python Logging to Figure Out What You Did Wrong - February 26, 2023
when i create rootguard feature on switch,i have notice a state called “BKN”,COULD YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS…