- Route reflectors remove the requirement of having a full mesh iBGP network.
- Any iBGP route a router reflector learns is sent to all route reflector clients.
- Non-client iBGP neighbors do not get the new route per iBGP rules.
- RR clients are configured like normal iBGP routers.
- All RR client config is done on the route reflector.
- RRs and clients are part of a cluster.
- RRs in each cluster must be neighbors with each other.
- Each cluster RR appends the cluster ID to the CLUSTER_ID PA; this is used similarly to AS_CONFED_SEQ.
- The ORIGINATOR_ID PA is set by and preserved by the RR.
- If a route contains the ORIGINATOR_ID of the receiving router, the update is ignored.
- Only best routes are passed to RR clients and non-client neighbors.
12345 router bgp 123no synchronizationbgp cluster-id 1neighbor 126.96.36.199 remote-as 123neighbor 188.8.131.52 route-reflector-client
Comment with corrections, please.